Active City Licenses (Updated Quarterly) - Business License Listing 10/11/13
Who needs a Business License?
Any business that generates revenue within the City of Escalon.
Any Escalon business that does not have a commercial storefront, office, commercial or industrial location is considered to be a home-based business, even if the sales or services are performed outside the residence. Post office boxes, whether U.S. or private, can only be used as mailing addresses and cannot be registered as commercial locations.
1. Complete a new business license form.
2. When submitting the business license application, you will be required to submit the one-time non-refundable application fee and/or business license fee at City of Escalon City Hall located at 2060 McHenry Ave. or by mail to 2060 McHenry Ave. Escalon, CA 95320.
3. Any Escalon business that does not have a commercial storefront, office, commercial or industrial location is considered to be a home-based business, even if the sales or services are performed outside the residence. In this case, you will be required to get a Home Occupational Permit. The one-time non-refundable application fee for a Home Occupation Permit is $72.00.
4. Upon approval of application(s), you will be contacted to pay your business license fee. Once fee is paid, a business license certificate will be mailed to you. Your certificate should be posted at the place of business for the public to see.
5. You are required to renew your business license yearly. All business licenses expire December 31st of the current year. Renewal fees are to be paid no later than January 30th to avoid penalties. Your check or your receipt will be your temporary business license until you have received your business license certificate.
Contractors & Subcontractors
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
www.sba.gov – U.S. Small Business Administration
www.smallbusiness.house.gov – House Small Business Committee
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call (209) 691-7422