Application Now Being Accepted as Representative Mosquito Vector Control Board

City Seeks Applicants to Fill Opening on the Mosquito and Vector Control Board


The Escalon City Council is accepting applications from residents of Escalon who are interested in serving on the Mosquito and Vector Control Board.


San Joaquin County Mosquito and Vector Control District is an independent special district governed by an appointed Board of Trustees, with representatives from each incorporated city and the county at large. The trustees are appointed for either a two or four year term.

Mosquito Vector Control Board is a four (4) year term and meet the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 1:00pm or the Tuesday immediately preceding the 20th of each month.


At the San Joaquin County Mosquito and Vector Control District emphasis is placed on managing mosquito populations at levels that reduce the risk of virus transmissions to humans and horses in urban, suburban, and rural areas. We also manage a variety of other programs such as vector control, ticks and tick borne disease, biological control, physical control, chemical control, legal abatement and education and community outreach.

San Joaquin County Mosquito and Vector Control District provides comprehensive vector surveillance and control services to enhance the public health and quality of life for the residents and visitors of San Joaquin County. As a locally controlled independent agency we seek to fulfill our mission through the following commitments:

  • To utilize the most advanced administrative and operational technology available;
  • To provide stewardship for public funds by stressing efficiency in our operations;
  • To encourage citizen participation in achieving our mission;
  • To educate the public regarding the health implications of disease transmitting pests;
  • To provide services consistent with an awareness and concern for environmental protection;

And lastly, to provide and maintain a safe and effective public health pest management program


Interested citizens can pick up an application at

City Hall, 2060 McHenry Ave, Escalon, by calling 691-7421 or the link below;

Committee Application

Posted: June 22, 2016 at 10:48 am by talcantor